Besides providing the body with the much needed nutrients, vitamins have beneficial effects on the ability to control appetite. Certain vitamins boost the metabolism and help the body reduce the unwanted fats. And since the key factors in shaping our muscles are exercising and a proper diet, many people, especially bodybuilders and dieters, use these supplements. But contrary to the popular belief, not all vitamins are appetite suppressants. In fact, some of the vitamins can even increase your appetite. For that reason, I provided you with a few guidelines on which vitamins to consume to control your hunger and stop the guilty cravings.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
The most useful appetite suppressant vitamins that help the body manage its weight are the omega-3 fatty acids. They provide it with all the essential nutrients that need to be compensated when on a weight-loss diet. Any diet that contains much omega-3 fatty acids helps the body to significantly reduce hunger. Besides, omega-3 enhances the mood and the cognitive functions, which makes it one of the preferred vitamins in bodybuilders’ diets. Read More →
In order to function properly on a daily basis, the body needs to produce some very important cell material in the form of skin, muscle and bone. That means that it needs to take material from the red blood cells that carry the nutrients and oxygen to the most remote outposts and work its magic. However, to get to that point, the body needs some raw materials first; vitamins, minerals and dietary components.
The truth is, the body produces all these substances on its own, but not in sufficient amounts. In order to use them efficiently and for you to actually feel the benefits from them, the body needs bigger doses of these components, which thanks to the advancements in pharmaceutical engineering, it is possible to get through specialized supplements.
Make it clear: vitamins and minerals aren’t the same thing
Some people often make the mistake of thinking that vitamins and minerals are the same thing. They aren’t – vitamins are one thing, and minerals are something completely different and as such, serve a different purpose. However, they’re both referred to as micronutrients.
Vitamins are organic substances, and as such, they can be broken down by elements such as heat, air or acid. Vitamins are essential for the proper and uninterrupted functioning of the human body. Vitamin C for example, is known to prevent bleeding gums and listlessness, vitamin A prevents blindness and vitamin D keeps our bones strong. People who have problems with their eye-sight, bones, hair, skin and nails, can choose supplements as a primary preventive action. Supplements aren’t made to replace certain foods, and definitely shouldn’t be taken without medical advisory.
One of the manufacturers who are completely devoted to producing quality health supplements, is Nutralife. They have proven to be a devoted producer since 1967 and as such, have the reliability people need to trust their products to enhance their health. Whether you’re an athlete or a gourmet who simply loves food, you’ll find these products designed to meet your needs, as the people who developed the brand and maintained it throughout the years, have a rich experience that served as a base for the development of the products.
Minerals on the other hand, are a whole other category of components; they’re inorganic and keep their chemical structure. There are two types of minerals present in the body: trace minerals and major minerals. Major minerals are the more important group of substances you need to concentrate on – they generally help maintain the proper balance of water in the body. Think potassium, chloride and sodium, where as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus contribute for healthier bones. Sulphur is much needed for maintaining proper protein structure, especially in nails, hair and skin.
You can find quality mineral supplements in the vast offer of products by Nutralife, ranging from vitamins to all the minerals needed for a boost of your health overall. However, there are things to be considered.
How much is enough?
Although vitamins and minerals are needed for the optimal functioning of our bodies, that doesn’t mean we can consume them without any guidance.“Everything in exaggeration is bad” couldn’t be more true here. Vitamins and minerals interact with each other and that interaction often causes imbalances in the organism. Therefore, too much or too little of one element may lead to to a deficiency of another. For example, even a minor overload of manganese can worsen the iron deficiency.
To sum it all up, everyone will need some kind of supplement to improve the quality of their health at a certain point of their life. What could make the whole difference though, is the fact whether you choose the right brand or not.
Okay ladies, let’s review the fitness clothing department of our lives – we all love working out to look and feel great, but this needs to be done in style. After all, we are women and fashion is among the first priorities in our life.
This comes naturally and is nothing to be ashamed of; working out in style is not just because of fashion, it brings other benefits as well. Among the most important ones is definitely boosting confidence. You know that feeling of awkwardness you get when you step in a room filled with men lifting extremely heavy weights while you struggle with the 7kg dumbbells? Well, you should know that for a woman (a beautiful fragile creature) that is more than enough to start with and do not pay attention to those negative thoughts that de-focus you from doing your thing because you look hot in your sportswear. Read More →
Whether you are a fan of protein supplements or not, each day they are becoming more and more present on the market. In fact, take any fitness magazine and you will find a lot of articles about the winning combination of protein powder and exercise. They claim that protein can help you promote a healthier weight and help your muscles recover faster after a good gym workout.
But with the endless protein supplement options, how to choose the best one for your body? Below is a concise explanation of the most important benefits of the best protein powder supplements and the way they can help your diet.
When it comes to building muscles, nothing beats whey protein. It is the most popular protein supplement on the market as it stimulates muscle growth before and after working out.
Pros – Researches show that whey protein supports cardiovascular as well as overall health, and it also promotes lean muscle growth and fat loss. Since the body quickly absorbs it, whey protein is the best recovery supplement to take after a workout. What is more, it is an affordable source of protein that comes in a variety of flavours such as vanilla, chocolate, mint and ice-cream.
Cons – The natural sugar that milk contains, lactose, is a common allergen which makes whey protein indigestible for some people. Moreover, regarding the tasty flavours, they usually come with a host of chemicals and artificial sweeteners which are not appropriate for athletes.
Casein protein powder supplements are another great source of protein. The best way to consume them is before bedtime as they give your body the necessary amount of amino acids.
Pros – The benefits are almost the same as the ones from whey protein. The only difference being the longer release process of the casein protein. That is the main reason why it is best to take casein protein before bedtime.
Cons – As it comes from the milk separation process, casein protein is not suitable for all athletes because of its lactose. Furthermore, it is not the ideal option for a post-workout supplement because of the long absorption process. Moreover, it is more costly than the whey protein.
As the name suggests, egg protein comes from eggs, precisely from the egg white.
Pros – Besides proteins, egg protein powder supplements are extremely rich in vitamins and minerals.
Cons – Allergies to eggs are nothing new and they are mostly present in children and young adults. The main con is that egg protein supplements are one of the most expensive proteins, and this makes them unsuitable for every pocket.
Soy beans are one of the few protein sources that offer the most essential amino acids for our body.
Pros – The greatest benefits of taking soy protein powder supplements is that soy helps improve the body’s immune function, promoting bone health. Moreover, it also prevents cardiovascular diseases and reduces the risk of certain cancers.
Cons – Recently, soy has been the main topic because it is genetically modified in order to produce greater crop yields. Additionally, more and more studies show that soy has significant effects on hormone levels, which makes it an unhealthy option.
Nope, we are not wrong! New studies show that besides carbohydrate, rice, especially brown rice, is the perfect vegetarian protein powder product.
Pros – The contained protein in rice, especially the one in brown rice, is considered the prefect source of complex Vitamin B, carbohydrates and fiber. Moreover, as it is hypoallergenic, it is the most easily digestible product, perfect for all athletes.
Cons – As we all know, rice is a plant-based option, thus, it is low in amino acids.
For those who did not know, hemp protein is obtained straight from the cannabis plant seeds.
Pros – Hemp protein is considered as a superfood because of its mix of essential fatty acids and 21 amino acids. It is a hypoallergenic food and it is appropriate for vegetarians and vegans.
Cons – As it is harvested only in selected countries, hemp is the most expensive protein powder supplement on the market.
Never heard of it? Do not worry, you are not the only one! Pea protein comes from the amazing yellow split pea, making it the perfect choice for vegetarians and vegans as well.
Pros – Along with few additives and artificial ingredients, this plant-based protein is a hypoallergenic and the most rich source of protein.
Cons – Even though it is extremely high in amino acids, pea protein still lacks some important amino acids, so it is not recommendable to be used as a primary source of dietary protein.
It’s almost Mother’s Day! Did you buy a present for your mom? Or maybe you’re still thinking about what will she enjoy and use frequently? If so, steer away form the usuals, such as a small kitchen appliances, cookware, perfume, etc. This year go with something not that ordinary – sportswear!
Regular physical activity is recommended for women all ages, so why not buy your mom quality sportswear and give her a little extra support in taking care of herself? Here are a few suggestions
- Compression Tights – These can be used for a workout, training session, competition or recovery. These tights are made of a powerful PWX FLEX compression fabric to wrap and support the major leg muscles and promote maximum blood flow, and usually come in black and silver colours. They are antibacterial, have a UPF 50+ sun protection and cost $140. and above all, these will the perfect sportswear addition to your mom’s wardrobe for all the sport activities she enjoys.
- Adidas Tech-Fit Moulded Bra – This bra is a perfect addition to the compression tights. It is designed for medium impact training, which basically covers any sport activity. It has a mesh racer back for comfort and ventilation provided by the climacool® material, so there is no sweat!
- SAUCONY Hydralite Short Sleeve Top – This short sleeve top is made from ultra lightweight fabric which makes it comfortable and breathable, and perfect for training. It can even be worn for casual walks in the park, or running everyday errands around town. It’s stylish, so it can easily be combined with jeans.
- BALEGA Hidden Contour Running Socks – These socks are so cute! They come in two colours, white berry acqua, and candy pink and have extra underfoot cushioning for extra comfort, a hand linked toe closure, a reinforced toe and heel. Moreover, they feature a complete arch support so it’s possible to run all day without having to worry about the socks slipping or rubbing. And the best part of it all, you can get them for less than $20.
- Sport Shoes – New sport shoes are always a good gift! Maybe a bit expensive gift (about $200), but your mom is definitely worth it. They are very adaptable and ready for a balanced stride and a lower impact foot placement. Moreover, they feature a very stylish design, so they don’t have to be used for sport activities only, but for walks as well.
- Pinnacle Shorts – Shorts are the basic piece of spring and summer sportswear. These in particular are perfect, since they are a combination of style and function. They feature a wide and flat waistband and a continuous draw string, plus back zip pocket and a front slot pocket, which allows you to carry anything you need with you. Plus, you can wear these fancy shorts on the beach!
- SAUCONY Women’s Transition Hoody – Designed for running, this hoody is perfect for cool and fresh days. It features a slim fit design and a back-zipped pocket for anything you want to carry with you.
- Earphones – There is no human on this planet that doesn’t enjoy music. And what is even more enjoyable is listening to music while running or walking or doing other sport activities. So, get your mom a pair of yurbuds. The Yurbuds Inspire 100 are especially designed for performing physical activities and enjoying music at the same time. They are sweat proof, and will never hurt or fail. They are only $35.
- Sport Bottles – Does your mom enjoy riding a bicycle? If so, a sports bottle is the perfect gift for her. Why not get her a Podium Chill sport bottle ( about $30), so she always has cool water, thanks to the cell foam technology that keeps a bottle cooler twice as long.
- Heart Rate Monitor – It comes in pink colour and will help your mom keep track of her heart rate, and also to keep track of her training goals.