First of all – congratulations for choosing to master the art of scuba diving. This unique water sport not only is exciting, but it also offers many great health benefits. Scuba divers spend much time underwater thanks to their diving equipment, which means they swim a lot. And we all know that swimming is a wonderful workout because we need to move our whole body against the resistance of the water, which helps us keep our heart and lungs healthy and our muscles toned and strong. However, in order to harness these and many more benefits of scuba diving, you need to have a nice set of scuba gear. Read on to find out what the most important items of scuba gear are and what you should pay attention to when looking for them. Read More →
There’s nothing more frustrating to a biker than a flat tire situation on the road, away from a service centre and away from a proper tool for changing the tire. Plus, where would you put a spare tire for the sake of carrying a reserve one with you? It’s a motorcycle, you have no place to carry an extra with you. Which is why, a part of every biker’s biking preparation is knowing how to fix a flat tire while on the road with a limited choice of fixing tools. Read More →
In this day and age, our air is so polluted that its unclean and toxic particles impact our vehicles as much as they impacts us. This is why we need air filters for motorcycles. Some people believe that we don’t need them and that they are just a useless piece of equipment that brings profit to companies. Well, that isn’t the case, air filters are an important addition for the efficiency and power delivery of your bike.
Air filters purify the air that goes inside the bike in order to burn the fuel. The cleaner the air, the better the combustion. If the air isn’t clean and pure you can end up burning much more fuel for the same amount of power. Incomplete combustion was the very reason for the huge amount of smoke coming out of the older vehicles. Read More →
Sun exposure provides more benefits for your health than you could imagine. In fact, studies have shown that sun exposure improves: mood, bone health, brain function, quality of sleep and the immune system. Also, spending time in the sun may help you lower your blood pressure level, ease mild anxiety and depression, heal some skin conditions and reduce the risk of certain types of cancer associated with vitamin D deficiency such as breast, ovarian and colon cancer.
In spite of all the health benefits we’ve mentioned, keep in mind that moderation is the key for good skin health, especially if you are a professional angler who spends a lot of time out in the sun. In that case you should strive to get the positive and avoid the negative effects of sun exposure. In order to do so, you should buy quality straw hat, comfortable and protective clothes, high-quality sunscreen and affordable fishing sunglasses. Speaking of negative effects, what you need to know is that prolonged sun exposure can cause several forms of skin damage, the most common of which: sunburn, premature skin aging and skin cancer as well as certain eye diseases such as: cataracts, age-related macular degeneration and even eye cancer.
With that being said, there’s no doubt that you should protect your skin with high-quality, protective sunscreen lotion and your eyes with affordable fishing sunglasses.
Okay ladies, let’s review the fitness clothing department of our lives – we all love working out to look and feel great, but this needs to be done in style. After all, we are women and fashion is among the first priorities in our life.
This comes naturally and is nothing to be ashamed of; working out in style is not just because of fashion, it brings other benefits as well. Among the most important ones is definitely boosting confidence. You know that feeling of awkwardness you get when you step in a room filled with men lifting extremely heavy weights while you struggle with the 7kg dumbbells? Well, you should know that for a woman (a beautiful fragile creature) that is more than enough to start with and do not pay attention to those negative thoughts that de-focus you from doing your thing because you look hot in your sportswear. Read More →
Investing in new boots or shoes for your fishing adventures can become a bit overwhelming when you’re not sure what to look for. Buying the right model will help you dress appropriately for your trip, but how do you know which ones to choose?
There are many factors that come into play when choosing the right boots or shoes for fishing that could affect how well your trip goes. You might need to choose shoes depending on the climate, the weather forecast for that day, where you’ll be fishing, either on land or on a boat, and depending on what kind of fishing you practice. Every shoe that is designed for fishing should be water resistant and have excellent traction so you don’t slip and slide on wet surfaces. Below are different models that you should look at depending on your needs for fishing. Read More →
Whether you are a fan of protein supplements or not, each day they are becoming more and more present on the market. In fact, take any fitness magazine and you will find a lot of articles about the winning combination of protein powder and exercise. They claim that protein can help you promote a healthier weight and help your muscles recover faster after a good gym workout.
But with the endless protein supplement options, how to choose the best one for your body? Below is a concise explanation of the most important benefits of the best protein powder supplements and the way they can help your diet.
When it comes to building muscles, nothing beats whey protein. It is the most popular protein supplement on the market as it stimulates muscle growth before and after working out.
Pros – Researches show that whey protein supports cardiovascular as well as overall health, and it also promotes lean muscle growth and fat loss. Since the body quickly absorbs it, whey protein is the best recovery supplement to take after a workout. What is more, it is an affordable source of protein that comes in a variety of flavours such as vanilla, chocolate, mint and ice-cream.
Cons – The natural sugar that milk contains, lactose, is a common allergen which makes whey protein indigestible for some people. Moreover, regarding the tasty flavours, they usually come with a host of chemicals and artificial sweeteners which are not appropriate for athletes.
Casein protein powder supplements are another great source of protein. The best way to consume them is before bedtime as they give your body the necessary amount of amino acids.
Pros – The benefits are almost the same as the ones from whey protein. The only difference being the longer release process of the casein protein. That is the main reason why it is best to take casein protein before bedtime.
Cons – As it comes from the milk separation process, casein protein is not suitable for all athletes because of its lactose. Furthermore, it is not the ideal option for a post-workout supplement because of the long absorption process. Moreover, it is more costly than the whey protein.
As the name suggests, egg protein comes from eggs, precisely from the egg white.
Pros – Besides proteins, egg protein powder supplements are extremely rich in vitamins and minerals.
Cons – Allergies to eggs are nothing new and they are mostly present in children and young adults. The main con is that egg protein supplements are one of the most expensive proteins, and this makes them unsuitable for every pocket.
Soy beans are one of the few protein sources that offer the most essential amino acids for our body.
Pros – The greatest benefits of taking soy protein powder supplements is that soy helps improve the body’s immune function, promoting bone health. Moreover, it also prevents cardiovascular diseases and reduces the risk of certain cancers.
Cons – Recently, soy has been the main topic because it is genetically modified in order to produce greater crop yields. Additionally, more and more studies show that soy has significant effects on hormone levels, which makes it an unhealthy option.
Nope, we are not wrong! New studies show that besides carbohydrate, rice, especially brown rice, is the perfect vegetarian protein powder product.
Pros – The contained protein in rice, especially the one in brown rice, is considered the prefect source of complex Vitamin B, carbohydrates and fiber. Moreover, as it is hypoallergenic, it is the most easily digestible product, perfect for all athletes.
Cons – As we all know, rice is a plant-based option, thus, it is low in amino acids.
For those who did not know, hemp protein is obtained straight from the cannabis plant seeds.
Pros – Hemp protein is considered as a superfood because of its mix of essential fatty acids and 21 amino acids. It is a hypoallergenic food and it is appropriate for vegetarians and vegans.
Cons – As it is harvested only in selected countries, hemp is the most expensive protein powder supplement on the market.
Never heard of it? Do not worry, you are not the only one! Pea protein comes from the amazing yellow split pea, making it the perfect choice for vegetarians and vegans as well.
Pros – Along with few additives and artificial ingredients, this plant-based protein is a hypoallergenic and the most rich source of protein.
Cons – Even though it is extremely high in amino acids, pea protein still lacks some important amino acids, so it is not recommendable to be used as a primary source of dietary protein.
It’s almost Mother’s Day! Did you buy a present for your mom? Or maybe you’re still thinking about what will she enjoy and use frequently? If so, steer away form the usuals, such as a small kitchen appliances, cookware, perfume, etc. This year go with something not that ordinary – sportswear!
Regular physical activity is recommended for women all ages, so why not buy your mom quality sportswear and give her a little extra support in taking care of herself? Here are a few suggestions
- Compression Tights – These can be used for a workout, training session, competition or recovery. These tights are made of a powerful PWX FLEX compression fabric to wrap and support the major leg muscles and promote maximum blood flow, and usually come in black and silver colours. They are antibacterial, have a UPF 50+ sun protection and cost $140. and above all, these will the perfect sportswear addition to your mom’s wardrobe for all the sport activities she enjoys.
- Adidas Tech-Fit Moulded Bra – This bra is a perfect addition to the compression tights. It is designed for medium impact training, which basically covers any sport activity. It has a mesh racer back for comfort and ventilation provided by the climacool® material, so there is no sweat!
- SAUCONY Hydralite Short Sleeve Top – This short sleeve top is made from ultra lightweight fabric which makes it comfortable and breathable, and perfect for training. It can even be worn for casual walks in the park, or running everyday errands around town. It’s stylish, so it can easily be combined with jeans.
- BALEGA Hidden Contour Running Socks – These socks are so cute! They come in two colours, white berry acqua, and candy pink and have extra underfoot cushioning for extra comfort, a hand linked toe closure, a reinforced toe and heel. Moreover, they feature a complete arch support so it’s possible to run all day without having to worry about the socks slipping or rubbing. And the best part of it all, you can get them for less than $20.
- Sport Shoes – New sport shoes are always a good gift! Maybe a bit expensive gift (about $200), but your mom is definitely worth it. They are very adaptable and ready for a balanced stride and a lower impact foot placement. Moreover, they feature a very stylish design, so they don’t have to be used for sport activities only, but for walks as well.
- Pinnacle Shorts – Shorts are the basic piece of spring and summer sportswear. These in particular are perfect, since they are a combination of style and function. They feature a wide and flat waistband and a continuous draw string, plus back zip pocket and a front slot pocket, which allows you to carry anything you need with you. Plus, you can wear these fancy shorts on the beach!
- SAUCONY Women’s Transition Hoody – Designed for running, this hoody is perfect for cool and fresh days. It features a slim fit design and a back-zipped pocket for anything you want to carry with you.
- Earphones – There is no human on this planet that doesn’t enjoy music. And what is even more enjoyable is listening to music while running or walking or doing other sport activities. So, get your mom a pair of yurbuds. The Yurbuds Inspire 100 are especially designed for performing physical activities and enjoying music at the same time. They are sweat proof, and will never hurt or fail. They are only $35.
- Sport Bottles – Does your mom enjoy riding a bicycle? If so, a sports bottle is the perfect gift for her. Why not get her a Podium Chill sport bottle ( about $30), so she always has cool water, thanks to the cell foam technology that keeps a bottle cooler twice as long.
- Heart Rate Monitor – It comes in pink colour and will help your mom keep track of her heart rate, and also to keep track of her training goals.
Saltwater fishing is a type of fishing that takes place in an ocean. There are several ways of doing this type of fishing; you can do it standing on the shore or while being on water around the shore on a boat or standing on a pier. The saltwater fishing is most popular in areas that border an ocean and in countries where there are rivers with water that contains a significant level of salinity.
Many anglers enjoy saltwater fishing and do it on a regular basis, whether for catching fish or just for a recreational purpose (catch and release). If you are interested in this fishing style, here is a simple guide that will help you learn more about it. Read More →