While talking about being healthy, eating power foods, nourishing our organism and taking care of our overall health, many times we end up concluding that eating healthy can become so addictive to a point you no longer need to sustain yourself from eating junk food. You will simply have no desire to put it in your system. Yes, if you have managed to succeed that, congratulations. One of the reasons why this usually happens is simply because healthy food actually includes so many good stuff that taste really good and make you feel more energized. And what better combination than that? It is very simple, the things that nature offers cannot be bad for people. Therefore, the focus of this article is on one amazing power food: bee pollen.
What is Bee Pollen?
Bee pollen is especially good for people who are experiencing low energy levels and as a result feel tired most of the time. Due to its composition of energy-boosting nutrients, it has long been used in Chinese traditional medicine to fight fatigue. Back in the days, the Chinese used to plant flowers, extract the bee pollen and turn it into powder. Today, thanks to modern technology, you can find it in many other forms like fine powder, bee pollen granules, capsules and tablets.
Bee pollen granules contain almost everything your body needs from the wide spectrum of nutrients. It is called a super food for a reason: it helps you fight the feeling of sluggishness that attacks you in the mid-afternoon and those tricky junk food cravings. It is a loyal partner in fighting unhealthy lifestyle! Take a look at all of the good stuff bee pollen granules contain:
- Carbohydrates – 55% of bee pollen consists of carbohydrates. This is more than enough fuel for both your physical and mental activities;
- Protein – 40% of bee pollen is protein. The composition of this protein is what makes it amazing: 50% of it is protein ready to be absorbed and used by your body. So, if you arelooking for a power food to consume after a heavy workout, get bee pollen granules – reparation of broken muscles is guaranteed and fast.
- B Vitamins – in order to produce energy, your body uses B vitamins as fuel. These also keep your nervous system healthy.
- Vitamins: A, C, D, E – every organ in your body benefits from bee pollen thanks to its versatile composition of vitamins.
- Antioxidants – there are 8.2 grams of polyphenols in bee pollen. Polyphenols are powerful antioxidants that prevent against free radicals which develop as your body ages.
Since bee pollen is packed with so much goodness, it is beneficial in many aspects of human’s health:
- Immune system booster – it is believed by many holistic experts such as Dr. Joseph Mercola that bee pollen has antibiotic properties, and as such can act as a preventive shield against many contracting viruses.
- Skin soother – conditions such as eczema or psoriasis are often treated with products that contain a dose of bee pollen. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is good for topical treatments of skin conditions.
- Prostate aid – benign prostate hyperplasia is a common condition in men. They can ease the condition with bee pollen products, as bee pollen reduces inflammation and the frequent urge to urinate. However, consulting your doctor about taking bee pollen granules when suffering from prostate problems is highly advisable.
- Cardiovascular problems – bee pollen contains large amounts of Rutin – an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen capillaries and blood vessels. Having a strong circulatory system is very important for a good blood flow.