As a parent, you are probably aware how important play time is for having a joyful toddler. But are you aware of the effect toys can have on your child’s development? It’s no secret that a child’s brain is like a sponge and takes in all the outside stimuli it’s exposed to on daily basis. This means that even the toys your little ones play with have the power to shape their future development. Read More →
Just walk into any gym today and you’ll have quite the sight – you’re just as likely to hear the rattling of shaker bottles as the clancking of weights and men groaning. Wondering what’s this craze about? Protein powder shakes! It’s the latest trend in the fitness world that has proven to have countless health benefits which help bodybuilders perform at their best.
However, protein is not just the preffered fuel of big bodied heads – it is the right choice for everyone who wishes to achieve their fitness goals faster. So, if you’re getting quality workouts, you stick to a diet that is full of lean protein, vitamin and fibre rich fruits and veggies and quality carbs, but somehow you still cannot see the results you aimed for, whey protein can help you get greater results in a shorter period of time.
Of course, many would agree that the best way to get the needed amount of protein is through solid foods. However, it is not always easy to get the reccomended amount of protein this way to meet your fitness goals. You’d need to eat around 16 eggs a day to get your daily dose of this muscle building amino acid. Wow. Do you feel like trying to do that? Didn’t think so. Just try protein powder. If you’re hesitant whether you should go for this supplement – stop right there. Just type in protein powder online and you’ll get an endless list of all the benefits it offers.
How much of it is enough?
The minimum reccomended dose of protein that you should consume for the purpose of building muscle is 1 gr of protein per pound of body weight. For example, if you weigh 220 pounds, the minimum amount of protein you should take is 220 grams to encourage muscle growth. Any additional dose will just help speed up the healing process of the torn muscle tissues. Simply find a reputable protein powder online shop and choose your preferred flavour. You will love it.
When is the best time to take a protein shake?
Consuming your protein powder shake at the right time can have a huge impact on the benefits that it has on your body (and mood as a matter of fact).
- First thing in the morning – according to Dr Oz, this is a great way to kickstart your organism and to get the much needed nutrients after you’ve been sleeping for about 8 hours. There are also other ways you could use protein powder beside shakes, for instance in preparing pancakes, cookies or flapjacks.
- Before working out – when working out it is a good idea to drink a protein shake about 30 min prior to your first rep in order to create an “anabolic window” which can lower the damage you’ll cause to your muscles while training. Moreover, if you’re having a shake that also contains carbs (for instance one that includes a banana), it will reduce the exposure to muscle damage and it will also give you much more energy.
- Right after working out – Remember, the best time to have a protein shake is right after you’re done working out. This way your muscles will soak up the nutrition for a faster muscle recovery and growth. Shake up the happiness.
Certificate 4 in Disability provides a nationally recognized qualification for those interested to work as a direct care worker or supervisor supporting disabled people in achieving their full potential. Your support will help those with disabilities to become more independent and integrate better within their community. During the course you’ll learn:
- Alternative and augmentative communication strategies
- Legal and ethical frameworks
- Individualized plans
- Inclusion and community participation
- Behavior of concern
- Workplace safety
- Skills development
Subjects include both practical and theoretical parts. The course is designed according to the learning level of adults and the students are expected to take responsibility for their own learning. Though there are no exams, you may be expected to undertake practical workplace-based projects.
With a Certificate 4 in Disability in your hands, you will be able to work in residential group homes, day respite centers and open employment, training resource centers, your clients’ homes and other community settings. You will have the skills and knowledge to provide training and support to your clients with disabilities as to increase they ability to be more independent and participative in the community. This is a very noble field of study to delve into and it takes a genuine dedication and patience.
As an applicant, you will be assessed for suitability against the following criteria.
- Interest in working with people with disabilities
- Good language, numeracy and literacy skills
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of working in a support role
- Initiative, motivation, and flexibility
- Acceptance and understanding of other cultures, beliefs and backgrounds
As a student, you will be required to read and interpret records, present information, and prepare numerous files. Technology applications are also required as a part of the course. Many courses also tend to ask for further cognitive skills in research, planning, analysis, interpretation and synthesis as part of the skills requirements. Some of these skills will be developed through the learning process. In some cases, the implementation of these skills will depend on an assumption that the students have some previous knowledge.
You should know that this course is often offered to students with permanent employment as a flexible program. That means you may be able to enroll and start this qualification any time, regardless of your busy schedule, because you will be the one dictating the pace of learning.
The world is full of amazing things showing us just how large and limitless the human mind and imagination can be, and how majestic Mother Nature really is. And all that beauty should be researched, explored and eventually seen. If I were to ask you to say from the top of your head which profession enables seeing most of the world, what would you say? CEO? Very rich music and movie stars who travel the world because they can afford it? Or, travel agents and tour guides with passion for travelling greater than the universe?
Read More →