When it comes to health issues, people are generally able to solve them. Once you have identified a problem, you start looking for the right solution. The same applies to thinning hair. Knowing what causes thinning hair can help you learn why it is happening and how you can manage it. But know that this hair problem can be difficult to deal with. Thinning hair can be caused by a serious medical condition. Other causes include genetic factors, poor nutrition and stress. No matter what the cause is, hair loss is a problem which affects both women and men.
Women usually know they are losing hair long before it starts being noticeable to other people. So, if you’ve noticed critical areas on your scalp, here is a simple guide to help you learn how to prevent and hide thinning hair.
Prevent thinning hair
- Change your eating habits. Make sure you eat enough protein. There are number of foods that have high level of protein such as eggs, poultry, fish and beans. This will supply your hair with protein called keratin which helps grow stronger and thicker hair.
- Choose hair care products carefully and avoid the ones that can cause damage to your hair. Some hair care products can halt or slow hair growth entirely. Only apply hair products that have been well researched.
- Do not brush your hair when it’s wet since wet hair is very susceptible to damage. Brushing your hair when wet can cause damage by pulling it out through the roots or making it frizzy.
- To prevent thinning hair, get more vitamin C. This vitamin gets more blood to the scalp and maintains capillaries that take blood to hair follicles. This allows faster hair growth.
- You may think it’s unbelievable, but avoiding highly polluted environments will help you prevent thinning hair. There are studies showing that the pollutants go to your bloodstream and cause damage to hair follicles.
Hide thinning hair
- Best way to hide your hair problem is with a wig. Compared to other solutions, wigs are relatively inexpensive. They are easy to maintain and since they are usually made from human hair, they provide the best natural and realistic look. Choose a wig that matches the colour of your natural hair and complements you skin tone.
- Having your hairstyle changed is another great way to hide your thinning hair. Get a new haircut and always keep your hair nicely styled and fairly short. This is inexpensive, simple and quick way to hide your hair loss problem.
- Another trick you can use to hide thinning hair is to change hair colour. Some colors can hide those critical areas much better than others. To ensure you make the right choice, ask a professional hairstylist for advice and help.